Yesterday was awesome! I was carry my sack of delightful taco time cuisine and a large cup of ice (for my Hawaiian Fruit Punch) up the stairs at work when suddenly the edge of the stairs reached out and grabbed my flip-flops and threw me UP the stairs onto my hands and knees! Ooooweeeee! The receptionist saw the whole thing and asked if I was ok and did I need any paper towels. Lucky it was just ice and not punch. She brought me up the paper towels and as I was surveying the carnage before me I saw that my poor left big toe was bleeding! Blood was quickly pooling in the bottom of my flip flop and the worst part of all...I ruined the $30 pedicure I paid for on Saturday! I collected my food and my pride and went the rest of the way up to the office to cut away the hanging skin and to patch myself up.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
falling UP stairs
The thing is, this isn't the first time I've done this. It happened a few months ago when I was carrying a box of eclairs up for the girls and me to share. Hmmmm maybe it's a sign, I shouldn't be eating tacos and pastries...nah... it's just defective stairs. Receptionist said she sees someone fall every day! That's it I'm suing!
I decided to blame my injuries on my co-worker cause if she hadn't stayed outside to smoke we would've taken the elevator (she's not a stairs type of gal). She didn't cotton to that theory to much, but it was worth a shot!
Posted by Laura at 5:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sad, yet funny!
Hi Laura! Did you have a nice trip? HA HA HE HE! Hey, we all trip, in fact, i nearly dropped Hailey and Savannah by tripping over shoes! Miss ya sis!
hahaha. sorry it hurt.:( i like our ghosts!
Post a Comment