All the ladies on my mom's side of the family have been trying to get together once a month and this month I thought it would be fun to do the MS Walk. I was surprised and touched that they were so eager to do a 3 mile walk. I made team t-shirts and we met this morning and headed downtown to the Gateway to begin. I really enjoyed walking along and chatting and giving the little boys shoulder or piggy back rides to give them a little rest. The walk got off to a slow start with 3,000 people all bottle necked at the outdoor mall, but we maneuvered along and got some space and I think we all made pretty good time considering we had little kids and needed to make a few pit stops. My feet were tired by the end and I had to take a nap, but I'm glad I did it and I'm glad my family showed support for the cause (Dad, I know walking a few miles isn't much, but this is our way of saying you are loved).
Thanks to:
Ali, Damien, & Brinley Tuft, Gina & Jerry Pace, Colleen, Lexi, Mindy, Ajay, Cooper & Natalie Sessions, Sabrina & Elliot Cowan, Kimmi Howell (honorary family member), & Mom (I think I got everybody, if I didn't let me know! I'm brain dead sometimes)
Ajay, Elliot & Bri (riding Trax downtown)
Me & Ajay/ Kimmi & Elliot
Mindy, Kimmi & Mom
1 comments:
The MS Walk was a lot of fun, but boy were my feet tired when it was over. I, too, thank all who joined our "Go Joel" team. Thanks Laura for putting us on to the idea and for making it happen!
Post a Comment