
Sophie, G'pa Madsen, & Gavin
Christmas this year was pretty low-key since Jason, Becki, and the 6 kidlettes are in Mexico celebrating Caribbean style! Got up around 9ish, had breakfast, and waited patiently til Rach, Doug, and Gavin came over (they spent the night with Doug's parents) and Hy, Anne, and Sophie arrived. I must admit being single kinda sucks on Christmas day cause all the little families get up and do one gift exchange and then come over to my parents for a 2nd one and I have to wait and wait and wait for my one gift exchange...I know, I know poor me! tee hee
GG Faye & Anne
Doug, Hyrum, & Rach (pretty teeth compliments of McKay)
Doug showing off the blankie Anne made him
Mom
We had a homemade Christmas this year and it was fun to see what everyone made for the person they drew. I drew Rachel and I made her a scarf and created a coupon organizer box. I also made my Grandma an apron and Sophie a Quiet Book (that took forever, but I must say it turned out great and she loved it!)
Rach modeling her scarf
GG Faye in her apron
Sophie and her Quiet Book
Had a delicious turkey lunch and then did a movie marathon watching all the DVDs that we got in our stockings.
Now to the true meaning of the day, the gift of Jesus Christ. I am so blessed to know that He loves me so much He was willing to come to Earth and fulfill His mission which allows me to fulfill mine. Merry Christmas to all!
Friday, December 25, 2009
Christmas Day!
Posted by Laura at 1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so impressed with the quiet book. I'm getting ready to start one as well. Wish me luck!
Thank you for your testimony at the end...I think your blog is the first one I've read, who's mentioned Christ in their Christmas post.
You are awesome!
BTW...where was my Happy New Year's text?! Huh?! :)
I love my scarf & coupon box! Thank you thank you! We had so much fun in Utah! Thanks for being such a fun & giving aunt for Gavin! He misses you!
Looks like a fun day! Wish we were all together, though I must say Mexico was rather pleasant!
Post a Comment