Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bellingham, WA

Today we checked out of the Semiahmoo Resort and drove down to Bellingham to stay at a bed and breakfast in the country. We are the only guests here for the next few days so the manager decided to let me have my own room instead of a futon in the room my parents were gonna get. Mmmmmm my own space for 2 days!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm having a great time with the parents, but my Dad's snoring last night was insane!

We looked at a few more properties and then drove thru a little bit of Western Washington University campus. We skipped lunch today so Mom and I were famished. On the recommendation of the B&B manager we ate at a little place called the Prospect Street Cafe. It was delicious and I tried some new and different things. For all those who know me well, you know I'm not an adventurous eater. Instead of bread for an appetizer this place serves poppadoms with smoked Greek yogurt and chives....boy were they delicious. We had no idea what poppadoms were so we asked the waitress what they were, she said it's made with flax flour and it's an east Indian food. The main course was Teriyaki pork tenderloin with fresh asparagus, and mustard spatzle...what is spatzle you ask...well, I'll tell you: A form of pasta/noodle paste formed into irregular strips or dumplings. We couldn't decide on which dessert to try so we shared flourless chocolate cake, ginger poached pear, and a cheesecake that had carmel and coconut flavors. It was a culinary delight!

1 comments:

RaCHeL said...

Those desserts sound wonderful! Way to be on trying something new!