My parents decided they needed to escape the inversion of Utah in January and planned a cruise. When they checked out how much it would cost to add a 3rd person to their room and it was only $250 bucks I was all in! I hadn't been on a cruise since I was 12 or 13 yrs old (the Disney Big Red Boat) and was too young to enjoy all the perks of cruising! We took the red eye @ 12am on Saturday morning and boarded the Eurodam in Ft. Lauderdale. By the time we got to bed that night we'd been up almost 24 hrs! But we had a cute little manta ray towel on the bed with some chocolates and the next days schedule. Our Stewards are really nice guys from Indonesia.
We spent a day at sea and arrived on Grand Turks, an island in the Turks and Caicos island chain. While my Dad was scuba diving my Mom and I went on a dune buggy tour of the island. If you know my Mom she's not very adventurous but she decided on this trip she would break out of her comfort zone. It was a blast! The island it pretty flat and not very big, but the beaches are gorgeous and they have tons of wild horses and donkeys running around. It's also supposed to be the first island that Columbus set foot on when he discovered the Americas.

Lets Rock and Roll!



Wild Horsies

Possible location of Columbus' landing
Lets Rock and Roll!
Wild Horsies
Possible location of Columbus' landing
2 comments:
So glad someone got away from all this nasty weather! It sounds like you had a great trip. Nothing like a short get-a-way to rejuvenate oneself.
So much fun! I want to see more though. So jealous!
Post a Comment