Celebrating my 36th B-day! I can honestly say when I was younger I couldn't even fathom being in my mid-30's...time sure does fly!
 |
| Me & Dad |
The Saturday before Mother's Day the ladies on my Mom's side of the family got together to have a tea/farewell party for our Mom's and to say goodbye to my Mom and I. It was so much fun dressing up and having a proper tea party!
|
|
Back: me Mindy, G'ma, Gina, Darcy
Front Colleen, Bri, Makaela, McCall, Mom
|
I waited too long to write all this down so I'm not sure if my time line is correct, but I believe Dad and I headed out on May 25th for our trek across the country. The drive went relatively well other than a leaky window seal on the driver side. The 1st and 2nd days out were rainy and my Dad got drenched and we couldn't talk to each other without shouting so on our over night stop in Missouri we met up with a mechanic that added an extra seal to the door...but they did it wrong so we had to add a layer of packing tape after he finished up. The ride was quieter and there wasn't any more rain. Oh this was hilarious....one of the guys working on the window asked where we were from and we told him Utah, and he made a comment about Mormons being in there. Then he hesitantly asked if we were Mormons and if we had compounds that we lived in around the State. I laughed out loud at that and his co-worker was shocked that he asked. We answered a few questions and I think he seemed satisfied that we are Christians. The truck was a pretty rough ride and my Dad made fun of me for bringing my body pillow ad regular pillow with me...however he was mighty glad to have body pillow as extra cushion. Never mock my preparedness : ) We made it to Fort Lauderdale on the 30th and closed on my place and then Doug and Rach helped us get unloaded....we got it all done that day and I had all my boxes emptied and broken down within a week or 2.

2 comments:
So glad you got there safely but miss you a ton. Florida is too far away. but what fun to be close to your siblings :P
The tea party was soooo fun ! Thanks to you and your mom for hosting all the wonderful parties over the years !!!
Post a Comment