Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trip to Colorado June 27-July 1

I went to Colorado to visit with Jason, Becki, McKay, Ashley, Carson, Logan, and Savannah. We had so much! Savannah was my little shadow. She is such a cutie! I couldn't go to the bathroom with out hearing, "Aunt Au au where are you?" : )


We went to the Rock Ledge Ranch at the Garden of the God's. This place has historic homes and animals. There were Ute Indians that told us a little about the old ways and a boy lit a fire using flint and steel, it took him only a few seconds to get the fire started.all were amazed! We saw what a homestead would've been like and Carson and McKay cut a log with a long saw. We fed ducks and had a picnic and got peppermint sticks at the mercantile.

We made smore's in the back yard and the boys showed me their fire starting skills (there are scouts ya know!). We played a rousing game of "Mother May I" and had wheelbarrow races. A good time was had by all.



We went to Chuck E. Cheese where there was a frenzy of games played, tickets won, and prizes chosen :)


I could go on, but I won't. I really enjoyed seeing the kiddies and Beck, and Jas. Becki is such a great hostess and mother I'm always amazed by her calm demeanor.

I did get a chance to spend some time with Haylee in Denver and I met the Fiance Brock. Very nice chap. We had breakfast and went to the florist to talk about her wedding flowers. Then it was off to get pedi's and mani's and on to the mall. We had some serious shopping to do. We found Haylee's bridal shoes, jewelry, and make-up (Sephora $450 later!!!! She will make a beautiful bride) and a birthday presi for her mom.

2 comments:

RaCHeL said...

I like the new background! You guys had a great time! Haley asked for our address so I'm excited to get her announcement. I'm glad you had a good trip. I miss you!

p.s. I was drinking out of a bendi straw last night & I thought of you! :)

Fishin' Ponds said...

How fun!! I'm so jealous you got to hang out with Haylee and meet her fiance. I haven't gotten an announcement yet, but am excited to get one soon. I need to call you and get the low down on how she's doing...and how you're doing too.