Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's what fun is!

I know this is a little late, but hey at least it's getting done right?

On June 3rd Rachel, Doug, Mom, Dad, and I all went to Lagoon! It was a dark and stormy night...well not really the sky was overcast and there were a few sprinkles here and there, it was in the 70's, we had our bucket of KFC chicken; the evening seemed perfect...almost too perfect and just as we pulled into the parking lot I saw them...school buses! Many, many, many school buses! Ohhh the horror!!!! The day we chose to have our last hurrah w/ Puddy and Duck was 9th grade lagoon day!!!!!! We managed to survive, though I can't say we didn't come out the park a little disillusioned by the way some of those young kids were talking and acting. What is happening to innocence?!?!?
Anywho, I love amusement parks, cause I have a need, a need for speed! (shameless Top Gun quote) My fav. ride is the Samuri and then Wicked and even Mom got the courage to go on that one.
I made everyone walk to Pioneer Village so I could get an ice cream. No one was thrilled about going that-a-way until I came out of the ice cream parlor w/ free rocky road icecream! Then it was "Hey where's my spoon?", "You're going to share right?" Some times having to deal with dumb teenagers is a plus. The girl running the register couldn't figure out how to ring me up, so she gave it to me for free!!!! : ) There is an old timey dentist office there so Doug got to pose by the big tooth out front (sorry I have no pics, Rach had her camera and I'm sure as soon as they get internet at their new house in Buffalo she will have them up)
The very last ride of the night was The Scrambler. Rach and I were the only ones with enough oomph left to go on that one. We were laughing so hard I had an asthma attack and started in with the "old man laugh" which made my attack even worse cause we laughed even more! Good times :)

4 comments:

Hanson3 said...

Gotta love Lagoon! Jared and I went to six flags here and they have similar rides, log floom, rattle snake rapids and such. Too bad it was SO hot, I sorta got sick. :(

Fishin' Ponds said...

I love it when you post...which is very few and far between! Sounds like you had fun, in spite of the 9th graders! Wish we had ANY sort of amusement park up here. So sad that Rach is moving, but just a good excuse to go and visit Buffalo--right?!

Sheila Madsen said...

Great blog update!
I love your sense of humor and the way you write really brings the moment to life!
It was a fun night together.
Mom

RaCHeL said...

That was a great night! But a long time ago! I would like to see an update one of these days. :)