Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Old school chums!

We haven't changed much in the last 10 yrs. This pic was taken New Year's Eve 1998. Angie, Kimmi, Elle, Me, and Holly
I can't remember what the date was, but a week or so ago I got together with Elle and Holly (who I've known since 5th grade) and Kimmi (who I've known since junior year in high school) It's so wonderful to have friends that you know will always be your friends. You haven't seen them in forever, but when you get together it's like there was never a gap in time.

We went out for dinner and then came back to my house and talked for hours. One funny memory that Elle brought up was of my dad. One night in high school we were on our way out the door and he wouldn't let us leave until we gathered around in his office and sang "Amazing Grace"! I was so embarrassed, but Elle said she remembered thinking it was fun and she had no problem with it. Ohhh the humiliations poured out upon us by our parents!

2 comments:

RaCHeL said...

Oh the good ol' times! It was good talking to you the other day. Miss you!

Sheila Madsen said...

Isn't if funny how something that our parents did/do bothers us but is okay with our friends? I remember a few of those times, too. So glad you got together with your friends it is always fun to discuss old times and new and to just be you.