Saturday, June 6, 2009

Night on the Town...sort of

I hadn't a pedicure since my birthday and decided it was time to pamper myself again. I went with my friend Kimmi to the nail shop she and her mom frequent. I haven't had the best experiences lately with the little shops run by the Vietnamese ladies, but I thought I'd give it another whirl since Kimmi said it was so great. Well, it was for her, but I got cut 4 times with the cuticle scissors and every time the lady drew blood she just smiled at me really quickly, put the blood clotting drops on, and proceeded to man handle my tootsies. Being the sissy that I am, I didn't say anything during the treatment, but I complained to the manager and said I wasn't gonna pay full price for the service. She was very apologetic and I did get a discount (yeah, me for standing up for myself...sort of) I've decided I just have to suck it up and pay to have it done at a day spa where the white girls work. (I hope no one takes that as a racist statement, it just seems that you get what you pay for.)

Any who, after pedis, I decided we needed to go have din-din at the Little America in downtown SLC. It seems like a weird place to dine, but they have the best food and you get so much for a reasonable price: salad, roll, drink, entree, and a dish of ice-cream for about $15. My friends and I are usually the youngest people there. It's all grandparents out on dates or taking their grandchildren out. I was actually introduced to the L.A. by my friend Amy, "My Grandma and I go to the best place for dinner sometimes..." and when I told Kimmi about it she said she too used to frequent the hotel with her Grandma. I guess I should start taking my Grandma so I fit the profile : )

3 comments:

Becki Madsen said...

Sorry about your toes! Ouch! glad you had a great time though!

Jason Madsen said...

Becki's grandparents took us to LA for dinner once...I choked on salmon, it was great!

Sheila Madsen said...

We went to LA with friends once and the food was good. I was surprised. Sorry about your bad pedicure. I've had that problem too so now pay a little more but get a gentler and better pedicure. Got to take care of those feet as we only get one pair!