Today I journeyed to Buffalo, NY to be with my sister, bro-in-law, and mom (she flew out last week) to await the arrival of Rach and Doug's first child (my 4th nephew). I flew out of Salt Lake at 7:00am and had to change planes in Detroit. As we flew the pilot said he'd get us there about 10 min. early.... he lied! We got there 10 min. late and I only had 30 min. between flights. I was at the back of the plane so it took forever to get off (if I ran the world anyone who had to make a connecting flight would be allowed to exit first, then everyone else could get off).
Note the map of the Detroit airport above. By the time I got off the plane I had 5 minutes to get from Terminal A to Terminal C (about 1 mile apart; see the line I drew?). I was a speed walking fool! I took all the moving walkways and zig zagged thru people to get to my gate.
I saw the plane sitting outside the gate, but the lovely Northwest employee had given my seat away to someone flying on stand by! Ohhhhh joy! I told her my other plane arrived late and she said, "That's too bad, I paged you a couple of times and then had to give your seat away" I'd have to wait for her to put me on another flight. She did a little typing, a little printing, and then disappeared behind a door. I waited a minute, called Rach to tell her I'd be late and that I would call again with new flight info., and went to the restroom. While I was in there I started to worry that the employee would leave cause I wasn't still at the desk. I came out and I could tell she'd wondered where I went. I'd calmed down and reminded myself it wasn't her fault the plane was late. My patience paid off, she put me on the next flight and upgraded me to first class! Sweetness, my first time on the other side of the curtain! I also got $15 in vouchers for lunch, but was told I had to go all the way back to Terminal A for the new flight. Oh well, at least I got my exercise for the day.
Met Rach and Mom in Buffalo and headed to their cute green home on Huxley!

0 comments:
Post a Comment