Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hogle Zoo




Today I went to the zoo! It's been years since I've been and it was so much fun to see all the animals, especially the new babies : ) Hyrum, Anne, Sophie and I met there around 9:30 and spent a couple of hours looking and learning. Anne and I were kinda bummed cause the baby elephant wasn't allowed outside yet, it is still bonding with it's mommy. We saw the baby snow leopard and the Jamal, the baby giraffe. While looking at the baby giraffe's tusks (the knobs on top of its head) and the grown up giraffes I said to Anne, "It's funny how all babies whether animals or humans have the same fluffy, fly away hair" I think that's part of any baby's charm.

Sophie got her very own pink dinosaur drink bottle and happily sipped away as we walked around the park. While we were eating Hyrum informed Anne and me that I had the smallest hands, "You have small hands, Anne, she handed me a piece of pizza and it was bigger then her hand" (personal pan pizza slice, not regular slice) It's funny what we notice about each other at random times.
Hooray for the Zoo and cloudy skies, and getting there before it got really crowded!

0 comments: