Let's got back in time: Two weeks ago I went to a party at my Relief Society President's house. I was there for a few minutes when this cute guy came up and wanted to play a rousing game of Phase 10; people trickled in and the game was played there was some card game smack talk, etc. When it was done he left, but I remembered he said his name was Andy.
Present day: Just before Sacrament meeting started I saw him, at least I thought it was him, he was wearing a baseball hat the night we played cards and sometimes hats can really change a person's looks. Well, he walked right in front of me and I got up the courage to say "Hey, your Andy right?" and he said, "Ya, you are....." and being the smooth talker that I am I replied, "We played cards" Ahhhhhhh kill me now! Then I said, "You were wearing your hat that night so I wasn't sure if it was you or not" to which he said, "What? You didn't recognize my winning smile?" I said, "Well, you weren't smiling a second ago" he said, "oh that's cause I have to be an Usher and show people to their seats" and he walked away...
No wonder I haven't been on a date in over a year! At least I talked to him though, right? It's progress...baby steps! ha!
Lets change this to I instead of you, shall we?!

3 comments:
You are awesome Laura for even saying something! Good job and don't be so hard on yourself!I used to stutter over my words when I would get nervous!
Oh RaRa...Remember this: Boys are dumb at any age. Translation: they just don't get "it". No matter what "it" is, they just don't get "it". Silly boys, brains are for girls! I miss you!
I don't think you suck. You just forgot to tell him your name is all. That might make you more mysterious right? I am impressed that you talked to him first. Way to go!
Post a Comment