Monday, November 16, 2009

Sweet Charity

Saturday night my Branch did a Thanksgiving Feast and Charity Auction to raise money for Sub-for-Santa. My friend Kimmi came along and we had a great time. I made a Christmas centerpiece to auction off and I bid on and won a really cute Fall cake in the silent auction! Pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting, yum! Also, got to know a few more ladies in the Branch so that was nice.

Part of the auction was live and there was an item up for bid that for some reason Kimmi felt compelled to bid on! It was a double date that promised to be "fun, fun, fun!" They had the gentlemen stand up and we didn't know either of them, but I recalled talking to one of them before and he seems kinda....weird...so I told Kimmi to stop...but she kept bidding. I did the "cut it" signal by running my hand across my throat and she looked at me and her face lit up and she hoisted her paddle into the air and bid once again! Going once, going twice, sold!!!!! Kimmi looks up in surprise...who me?!!?! Yep a lovely dbl date with one possible weirdo for the price of $65! I was so ticked off, I told her I wasn't going cause it wasn't my bright idea. Of course I relented later because she's my pal and "it's for the children" (think of the children!). We found the guys and Kimmi gave them her #; so I should have something interesting to write about shortly.

5 comments:

Becki Madsen said...

Too funny and good luck! can't wait to hear all the details!

The Chase Files said...

Gotta love Kimmi! And yes, make sure to up date us please!

Sheila Madsen said...

Never a dull moment with Kimmi around - but all in all sounds like you had a great time and the cake was delicious - thanks for sharing.

RaCHeL said...

k, thats funny! can't wait to hear all about it. So your blog never stays up to date on my updater. Weird! xoxo

Fishin' Ponds said...

I love Kimmi!! I can't wait to hear about the date. What if that weirdo turns out to be "The One"...how funny would that be?!?! :)