Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving was a quiet one. We often go to Colorado Springs to be with Jason's family, but it didn't happen this year...I'm really not sure why. Hy, Anne, and Sophie were in Vegas with Anne's family this year and Rach, Doug, and Gavin are coming out for Christmas.

Today was pretty stress free...my Mom made a lot of things the day before and my Dad invited his Aunt Doreen and her "foster kids" over, but they couldn't come til 5pm so we had all day to get it done.


The beautimous table setting


Mom getting the potatoes boiling

You all know how apprehensive I can sometimes be about "strangers" and I wasn't too sure how the evening would turn out. It was sooo much fun! Raymond and his wife, Heather, and sister, Christina, were so nice and very easy to talk to and Great Aunt Doreen is just sweet as can be. After dinner I helped Mom clean up and the rest played billiards in the basement. When the pool games were over everyone came upstairs and ate pie whilst playing Catch Phrase, Team 1 (my team of course, tee hee) cleaned Team 2's clock three times in a row! Poor Doreen kept getting "buzzed" as soon as she got the game passed to her ( it reminded me of playing w/ Becki, bad timing = no fun!)

Words can not express how thankful I am for my family; for their love and generousity. I'm thankful I made new friends out of relatives that I didn't know. I am so grateful for the Gospel; I could go on and on, but I won't....Happy Thanksgiving!


Mom and Me


Mmmmmm pie!

1 comments:

Becki Madsen said...

We missed you guys this year but it looks like you all had a wonderful time! And mmmmmmmmmmmmmm that pie looks divine!