Monday, December 7, 2009

Festival of Trees


Me, Kimmi, Niki, Cari, Tricia, & Sara

This was the only pic we got of Mary Ann
On Saturday I went to the Festival of Trees with a few friends. It's been years since I've been and it was, as the name infers, very festive : ) Our group got split in two; one group (Kimmi, Mary Ann, Sara, and I) went pretty fast and the other group (Niki, Cari, & Tricia) took their time. I'm glad we had both types in our posse so everyone got to enjoy the event "their way".
We made it through half of the trees before Kimmi and I decided that they were all starting to look the same. Not that all weren't beautiful, fun, and very creative! Sara said she'd never be creative enough to do trees like this, to which I responded "Oh I would! I just don't have the resources!"
The Grinch in the act of stealing Christmas!
I was parched and Kimmi was starving so we headed off to concessions and the Candy Shoppe to get fudge....sad, when we got there we found out the fudge sold out at 5pm!!!! Lame! So I got some divinity for my Mom and Dad and 2 chocolate covered cinnamon bears for myself. We walked over to hear some kids playing the violin and they were just finishing up, but my dogs were killing me so we sat for a minute anyway. As we were getting ready to leave we were almost run down by bagpipers and drummers who were lining up so we stayed to listen to them play as they marched around the perimeter of the expo center. I just love the bagpipes! Tonight was so much fun and it helped up my Christmas spirit!

0 comments: