I just finished reading a book called "Jane Austen Ruined My Life", it was really fun to read and I love Jane Austen, though I must admit I've never read any of her books...just seen the BBC and Hollywood versions (definitely something I'll have to remedy in the near future). Something in the very last part of this book stuck out to me, because of my seemingly never ending single status. Since this is my journal I thought I'd quote it...for myself. :)"Heartbreak is more common than happiness. No one wants to say that, but it's true. We're taught to believe not only that everyone deserves a happy ending, but also that if we try hard enough, we will get one. That's simply not the case. Happy endings, lifelong loves, are the products of both effort and luck. We can control them, to some extent, and though our feelings always seem to have a life of their own, we can at least be open to love. But luck, the other component, well, there's nothing we can do about that one. Call it God's plan or predestination, or divine intervention, but we're all at it's mercy..."
Oh, Mr. Darcy! tee hee!I've thought about my life over the past few years and have come to the conclusion that I've been hiding because I'm afraid to get hurt again. I haven't put a really big effort into meeting people at church (men and women) and going to FHE activities and I let myself gain some weight (this was a subconscious "letting", cause if I'm a fattie, the guys won't want to talk to me)....sooooo I have not been, as the above mentioned, "open" to love. Now that I'm figuring this out I know I can fix it. I've lost 6lbs in the last 3 weeks and started school again to get my Bachelor's and I feel pretty satisfied with that. I've gone to more church activities and went out last Friday socially with some ladies from church. The tough part now is remembering that everything is in the Lord's time and that I will have to be patient...which all of you know...I am not!
4 comments:
I love Jane Austen to.Have you been watching Emma the one they have on PBS right now so good. I will have to checkout that book it sounds good. :0)
You are doing so good Laura! Keep up the good work! Love you!
I've only read Pride and Prejudice, but I love all of the movies they make about her books. I'm glad your feeling like you're on the right track. I think your great!
I've seen that book but never picked it up! I'll have to read it. I think it's great that you've found reason to be open again. YOu're fantastic & I love you!
Post a Comment