Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pleasant Surprise

Last night before school I went with Hy, Anne, Sophie, and Kathy (Anne's mom) to Rubio's for dinner. While we were eating I noticed another family coming into the restaraunt, but didn't look up. I smiled as I heard the little kids talking to each other. A few minutes later I heard my name being called, turned around, and there was Holly Jones! She said she'd just barely recognized me.

It's always nice to run into people you know, when you are out and about. I introduced her to the fam and we talked for a minute. After she walked away Anne asked how I knew her and Hy said "from high school". I had to make a correction...I met Holly when I was in 5th grade! It's comforting to know some friendships will last a lifetime.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Ahhh! It was fun to see you. Rubios is yummy... we should meet there again sometime. I'm glad we are still friends.

The Bowler Five said...

I wish I could run into you guys too!

The Chase Files said...

Me too!