Sunday, October 3, 2010

Park City part Deux

Hyrum called Saturday morning and invited me to go with him and Sophia to the Alpine Slide up in Park City. I've never been on the slide before so I was excited to experience it the first time with them. (Anne and Norah were in Las Vegas for Anne's soon to be sister-in-law's bridal shower and bachelorette party).

There is a new ride up there called the Alpine Coaster...it's on a track and you buckle into it so there isn't any chance of derailing or falling off on the way down. I've heard stories of people flying off the Slide when they took a corner to fast cause it is a slide...no seat belt, no track). Hy thought the Coaster would be more fun, but for some reason the ride with seat belts and a track is for 3 yrs and up and the Slide, which people have been known to biff on, is safe for 2 yrs and up....whateva! We got our tickets and headed to the chair lift. Sophie did really good and didn't wiggle hardly at all. As you can see it was really bright and Sophie said "We need glasses to help our eyes"

Once off the lift you pick a sled and walk through the woods to the Slide, it was so cute watching them walk along the path together.

Sophie said she had fun and she wouldn't mind doing it again. I concurred...I'm sure I could've gone faster, and next time I think I will since I have the feel of it down now. We headed in to town for some lunch and then had ice cream for dessert and then Sophie started saying it was getting kinda late. Hy asked if she wanted to take a nap in her car seat and she said "No! I sweep in my bed!" Sheesh the nerve of him! tee hee!

2 comments:

RaCHeL said...

You've never done the Alpine Slides?! So fun huh? We should do it as a fam next summer for sure. Sophie is so cute!

Sheila Madsen said...

What a fun outing! - Love the pic you took of Sophie and Hyrum walking down the lane.