Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gardner Village Witchfest



Every year I hear about the Witches of Gardner Village and finally decided to check it out. I met Anne, Sophia, and Norah there for lunch today. Boy, were we surprised when we pulled in and saw how crowded it was. Anne realized it was UEA weekend and that's why there were so many moms and kids there today. (I can tell I'm getting old cause on the drive out there I saw to junior high age boys walking down the street and my first thought was "why aren't you boys in school?!?!) After we both found parking I met them at the pony rides and Sophie got to ride on Prince.




After the pony ride we decided we all needed to eat and headed for the little sandwich shop at the far end of the village. All of us were starving so Anne broke out the apple slices...it's great hanging out with moms cause they always have snacks!
I tried to get Sophie to stand next to me by the witch (who by the way is my kind of lady...who wouldn't cast a spell or 2 for chocolate?!?!?), but she would have none of that...I finally go her close by asking her if she was taller then the wooden pumpkin. After lunch we wandered a bit and I saw they were doing sparkle faces and asked if Sophie wanted some makeup, she did so we waited in line...there was another 2 yr old ahead of us and she was struggling to keep still and we wondered if Sophie was too young, but Anne said Soph had gone to a princess party and had makeup done and was just fine. She did great as the lady drew swirls on her checks with eyeliner but as soon as the shadow started to go on we had some tears...Anne ended up holding her and the only reason it got finished is cause the makeup lady asked her if she wanted a spider on her cheek. Sophie loves insects so there were no objections. Sadly she's going thru a phase where she doesn't want her picture taken so I can't show her fabulous purple spider.
Norah was great the whole time we were there, but Anne could tell they needed to head out so Norah could eat and the girls could nap. I wish we had more time, but hey what can ya do? I will definitely try to go again next year.
I got an email from Anne later on in the day saying she was sorry Sophie was such a stinker cause she'd skipped naps for a few days and was up from 2-4am this morning. She said Soph did crash, but not til after she ripped up a pop up book and came out of her room naked. That girl cracks me up! Destruction of property and streaking first, then nap time!

4 comments:

RaCHeL said...

How fun! I'm glad you went even though it was crowded. The little girls look so cute in their Halloween clothes. Miss you!

Dennis & Hollie said...

Sophie sounds like a girl after my own heart!!!! :) Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Sheila Madsen said...

Looks like you all had a blast! If you look carefully at the pic of Anne with Sophia and Norah in front of the sign, I think I see the purple spider - you must have taken that picture toward the end. What a fun girls day out. Happy Halloween.

colleen said...

What a fun outing! You got some good pics and special memories too.
Thanks for sharing. Love your new background for your blog too.