Friday, October 15, 2010

Pirates on the Provo

A few weeks ago I joined something called Groupon and got a message about a deal on a Halloween Pirate Cruise down the Provo river. It sounded fun and is definitely something different to do so I got some tickets and invited my high school buddies to come along.


To start our evening we ate at SmashBurger. I'd never eaten there and can I just say it's delicious! Reasons why I like it...you can add ranch and bacon to your burger and they have fry sauce...who could ask for more. Kimmi saw that they had fried pickles on their menu so she got a basket so we could all partake....those were yummy! If you haven't had a fried pickle you definitely need too!


We drove down to the Provo river close to Utah Lake and had to park about a 1/2 mile away, apparently the cruise is pretty popular in good 'ol Utah county.


After we boarded the boat our Pirate Captain took us on the river which was decorated with tons of lit jack o lanterns and Halloween lights. Another pirate tried to swing onto the boat from a rope, but didn't make it so he hopped in a kayak and boarded the boat to hand out tootsie rolls and told corny jokes. After he left our Captain told us a story...I can't remember the name of it, but it was about some guy who went to Alaska and froze to death. This activity is definitely more for kids, but it was still fun and nice to be with Kimmi, Holly, and Elle for the evening.


Me, Holly Jones, Kimmi Howell, and Elle Chase

3 comments:

Becki Madsen said...

I LOVE GROUPON! Looks like you had a great time!

RaCHeL said...

Glad you had a good time! :)

colleen said...

What fun to do something with old and dear friends.