Monday, October 25, 2010

Buffalo NY Oct. 20-24th Part I

I went to visit my sister Rachel and her family from Wednesday to Sunday (the trip went by so quickly!)

We went to a pumpkin farm to pick out or victims. Gavin was so excited because there were so many balls every where (anything round or roundish is a ball. I remember when my niece Sophia went thru the same phase...she'd ask for balls at lunch, grapes). We wandered around their little petting zoo first and fed some corn to the goats and looked at the turkeys, baby cow, donkey, and Shetland pony. Then Gavin went down the slides a few times...his face was expressionless the whole time, but he kept reaching towards the ladder to go again so apparently his was laughing on the inside tee hee! After we played we picked our pumpkins and headed for home.

Farmer Gavin



Gavin, Me, and Rach checkin out the balls

Doug loves to go to Duff's he says they have the best Buffalo Wings ever. I really don't care for them, but this being my 3rd trip out there I figured I'd go and give it a whirl. I just couldn't do it...I can't eat meat off the bone so Doug pulled a piece off for me. I still didn't like it...so Gavin and I shared grilled cheese.

Doug, Gavin, and Me
My Mom is super generous and she got tickets for Rach and me to see the play "Mary Poppins" at Sheas Theater. It's a beautiful building and the show was great! I love all the songs and it was hard not to start singing along although the boy who was sitting next to Rach didn't hesitate..it was cute how into the show he got. Our Utah naivete shown thru cause we were both surprised to see bars on every floor. It never occurred to us that people might want to enjoy an adult beverage before a play.


Rach, Gavin, and I went back to Palmyra because the other time I saw it was in February and it was freezing and snow was every where. It is soooo beautiful in the Fall. We stopped at Visitor's Center and looked around there, then we went to the Hill Cumorah for a minute...it was windy and cold and Gavin was eating rocks so we headed for the Smith Farm and the Sacred Grove. We out picinc lunch in the car and then went out to ponder in the Grove.


Rach & Gavin on Hill Cumorah (he's eating rocks)


Me & Rach


2 comments:

colleen said...

Wow! THe grove looks just like the pictures we always see. What a beautiful setting!

RaCHeL said...

So fun having you come visit! It did go by way too fast though. Guess that means you'll have to come again next year. :) Love ya!