This pre-Valentine's day weekend was pretty eventful.
On Friday I watched Sophie and Norah so Hy and Anne could catch a movie. When I got there the girls were in the tub having a blast, I got video, but since my blog isn't private I didn't think it would be appropriate. After bath time Norah went to bed and Sophie and I made some popcorn and watched "The Princess & the Frog". Soph actually sat through almost the whole movie, the last 15 minutes she started wiggling around on the couch and playing with her toys, but I was very impressed with her attention span. She is one determined little girl when it comes to not going to sleep. We went upstairs and brushed teeth and then I got her in bed and she got up and said "Just one minute, I need to get my Weebles....do you understand?" Oh my gosh I wanted to laugh so bad! When she said "do you understand" it reminded me of when people talk louder and slower to someone who has an accent...comprende?!?!? I told her she didn't need them cause she was going to bed. I tucked her in and turned out the lights. Needless to say she got up 2 more times. I went up to see what she was doing and she was in her doorway with a toy. She looked up and said "Hi, I have a problem" I said "Ok, what's your problem" and she said "Buster is sick" so I told her maybe if Buster went to bed and got some sleep he'd feel better. The 2nd time she came down stairs to show me the rubber spider she got at Chuck E. Cheese and to ask what I was watching.
Saturday night Mary Ann, one of my friends from the Singles Branch, had a party at the clubhouse where she lives. It was a lot of fun. Kimmi came with me and there were a couple of other people that I knew from church. I caught up with a girl named Brenda that I sort of new from 6th grade on. We played Uno and Apples to Apples and our game group was having a blast...mostly cause Kimmi was peeking and cheating and getting everyone to loosen up. My Home Teacher, Brad, was there too, but I didn't really get to speak with him much cause we were in different game groups. It was nice to see him outside the church setting though.
Tonight, Dave, Doug's older brother put up an invite on Facebook for pizza and movies at his house. Kimmi and I thought we'd take him up on that. In between movies he gave us a tour of his house and we played with his little Yorkie Roxie. Also, got to meet his roomies, one of which I already knew cause he's one of Doug's good friends. It was a nice to do something for V-day instead of sitting at home alone. Oh and Kimmi is so nice she brought me some roses and said "No girl should have to buy her own flowers". I think last year I actually did have roses delivered to myself at the office tee hee!
3 comments:
What a great weekend! Glad you got to do some fun things. Xoxo
Sounds like it was a great time! Little Sophia is such a doll!
A pretty eventful Valentine's which is great. Sophie sure is a lot of fun and oh, so smart. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment