I've been watching "The Biggest Loser" for a few seasons now and it is motivating, but not enough to get me to do something...until this season; they added 2 new trainers and one is a lady who's a Golden Glove boxer.
I've always wanted to try boxing, but in my younger years I was too afraid..."I'll look dumb cause I don't know what I'm doing, I have super slow reflexes"...as I get older I care less and less about how people will perceive me so I decided to do a web search to see if there was a female boxing gym in the Salt Lake Valley. Lo and be hold there is! Boxing is for Girls is a gym in Sugarhouse and the owner is Eliza James (see her pic below). She looks pretty intimidating (she's really nice). I told my Mom and Kimmi about it and we went to the gym on Tuesday. Holy cow...she and the other trainer Em J kicked our butts! We did circuit training for 40 minutes and shadow boxing and the bag for 20 minutes. My arms and pecks are so sore and Mom can barely walk, but we had so much fun! We all decided this is what we need right now so we bought punch cards for 20 classes. We have class again tonight and Mom and I have been practicing our wraps and our punches!
5 comments:
I think it's great that you've found something new to try. Hopefully you'll continue to love it. Now I know not to piss you off cuz you will be able to punch me down. :)
You go girl...now I just need something to motivate me.
Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a (wo)man and her/his will to survive
So many times, it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...It's the eye of the tiger!
Rock on Laura!
We are having a great time at these classes. Each night the work out is different. Sure is a good workout and boy do I need it. It is hard but we feel so ALIVE!
You are awesome to start something new. WAY TO GO!
Post a Comment