Monday, September 1, 2008

Haylee and Brock's Wedding


Mom and I flew to Denver on Aug. 29th for Haylee's wedding on the 30th. Haylee and Brock are sooo cute and happy together. I'm glad I got to be there to see them married in the Denver Temple.
At the reception her nephew Justin (who I met when Haylee and I went to Texas one Easter) asked me if I still rememberd him and I told him yes and he said "how I just don't get it?!?!" and I said "well how do you remember me?" He's a cutie, I think he's 7 yrs old. Later he told me he wanted to catch Haylee's boquet so he could put it between his teeth while he danced! : )


Mom and I had a chance to drive from Denver to Colorado Springs to visit w/ Jas, Becki, and the kids. I got to hold little Hailey. She's so tiny, but I really wasn't that nervous holding her. She's very wiggly for how tiny she is! She burns up all her calories moving around so she's only gained 1 ounce since she's been home from the hospital. Ashley kept trying to get me to play w/ her rat, but I just wouldn't do it.

The trip home was an ordeal. We got to the airport at 10:30am, the flight was to leave at 11:30am and when it arrived we were told that it needed a part and we had to wait for it to get here from L.A. and they thought we'd leave around 4pm. Ahhhhhh! So Delta generously gave everyone $7 whole dollars in a lunch voucher for our inconvenience. Around 4:15 we still hadn't hear a word. 4:30 rolled around and they said we were good to go, so we all loaded onto the plane...headed down the runway...started to accelerate and then started slowing down. We pulled off the runway and were told that there was a warning light going off for the brakes so we headed back to the terminal for the mechanic to look at that. This time we were stuck on the plane. Around 6:30 they said that was all fixed and we got back in line on the runway for take off. By now it had started to rain and we were told that the Tower had postponed all north bound departing take offs and we were going to be re-routed....finally at 7:15pm we took off and headed for home! I love sitting around for 8 or so hours wondering why we didn't just keep the rental car and drive home. Oh well!

3 comments:

RaCHeL said...

Fun! I'm glad you got to go. I'm sure Haylee was very happy too. What a headache with getting home. XOXO

Becki Madsen said...

It was so good to see you! Sorry for the craziness of your flight! Gotta love those airlines!

Sheila Madsen said...

You described our airport day perfectly! All together though it was a fun trip and I certainly did enjoy our Mother-Daughter time together.