Saturday, April 3, 2010

Paint

Hyrum has been busy finishing his basement in preparation for Baby 2 and Grandma Kingsley's (Kathy was kind enough to offer to stay for a month to help with Sophie after Baby 2 is born) arrival in May and he asked me to come paint today. He borrowed our cousin Andy's paint sprayer and needed me to back roll after he sprayed. It took all day, but we got it finished and only a few spots on the baseboards need to be touched up. I've never used a sprayer before and I must say it's a handy thing to have. It would've taken a couple of days to hand roll a whole basement. We were covered in paint by the time it was complete and when we went upstairs Sophie said, "Daddy and Wawa are workers" annnnnd how!
The only thing I would do differently if I ever help with a sprayer is wear a mask or bandanna...I don't think the paint in me asthma riddled lungs was helpful...have a bit of cough and scratchy throat, but that should go away in the next few days and were well worth the warm fuzzy feelings I got from being able to help my little bro and his family out and it was good exercise and definitely not something routine : )

3 comments:

colleen said...

I hope your lungs aren't permanently painted inside. Those spray guns are handy but they also paint the person using them.You are awesome to help Hyrum and Anne.

RaCHeL said...

Way to be! We should have bought one of those sprayers with all the painting we did on the house. Duh!

Sheila Madsen said...

What a great sister you are to get all "painty" for Hy, Anne and Sophia! You can always be counted on to lend a helping hand.