Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Speed Racer!



I joined an LDS Singles group on Facebook that a guy in my Branch started and tonight we all went to Boondocks. I went with my friend Kimmi and this was the first activity we've gone to. We both were a little nervous, but we met a really fabulous girl named Sheri and hung out with her and this guy Dennis that we met there. We rode the go carts, played mini golf, laser tag and video games and then rode the go carts 2 more times before closing. I had a blast! It was fun meeting new people and just talking with the people in the singles group....we all had orange wrist bands so we knew who was "in". After the go carts we decided to go eat at IHOP and when I got in my car to drive I realized after a minute or 2 that I was still driving like I was in a go cart taking the corners really sharp and had to reset my brain! Only a few people from the group came to IHOP and one of the guys was from WA state, he mentioned he was from Ferndale and I thought that sounded really familiar. I asked him if that was near Blaine/Semiahmoo (forget how to spell it) and it is...I then remembered that's the town my parents will attend church at when they move up there. Small world eh?!?!!?

0 comments: