I thought it would be fun to go the the Greek Festival downtown so I invited Kimmi, and our new friends Sheri and Dennis to come with. Kimmi and I picked up Sheri and her friends Melissa and Steve and we met Sheri's friend Dan and got in for free thanks to my mad coupon skills! Dennis came with his niece and a girlfriend and girlfriend's daughter so we didn't see him much. Man, we stood in line foooooooreeeeever to eat! It looped around like 20 times and we were in line for an hour and a half before we ate dinner. Kimmi jumped out of the line and bought some tiropites (buttery layers of filo dough and filled with soft, warm feta cheese) sooooo yummy; those held us over until we got inside to choose what to eat. I looooove rice pilaf so of course I had some of that....and you all know how anti veggie I am...the Greeks have got it down! One word: Souvlaki....delicious seasoned meat on a stick with no pesky veggies in the way! It was so hard not to laugh when we got to the cashiers to pay....if any of you have seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding you will understand why....one guy was named Nick and the other guy was named Niko! After we sat and talked, ate, and watched the dancers we had to get Sheri some pastries. By the time the eating was done it was 9:45p and we decided to hit the dollar theater to see Knight & Day. I'd already seen it, but since it was only $2 smackers I didn't mind, and it's a pretty good show. I think tonight is the latest I've stayed out in a long time (key word, out, I've stayed up that late recently, but I haven't been out)....didn't get home and in bed til 2am! Waaaaay past curfew!!!! Ahhhhh!
Dan, me & Sheri
Kimmi & Steve



3 comments:
How fun! Didn't mom & dad go to that too? I can't believe how long you waited to eat. Must have been good. Is Steve Kimmi's guy?
Looks like you've had a great summer and are well on your way to a fun fall. Thanks for updating things I love to see what you're up to and glad to see that you're not just working all the time.
What a fun night! You crazy party animal stayingout till 2! Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment